Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Great Wall

Today we went to the Great Wall of China. It was truly awesome. I have posted pics on Facebook as I have not really set up pics on this blog and it took a lot for Chris to post the one yesterday. Chris and I and one other Bethany parent, Paul Bloomquist hiked the whole way to the top watch tower. It was quite a feat. Then we had to go back down! My legs were shaking so bad as we got close to the bottom I was afraid I would fall. The views are amazing. Our guide Tom is very knowledgeable and told us about the building of the wall. Very interesting. We also visited a cloisonné factory and store on the way there. Amazing work these folks are doing. Very intricate. We also stopped at a Jade factory and learned a little bit about jade. Some beautiful creations there as well. Finally we went to the Olympic village and saw the birds nest and the water cube and the torch. It was an exhausting day. Chris and I  just split a bowl of seafood noodle soup for dinner and are showered and ready for bed at 8:29. We did room service because we are too exhausted to venture out to find food!

Getting so close to Grace day. Speaking with some of the other moms today they were talking about their anxieties and I was able to speak some words of peace to them. I hope it helped. Turns out we all three are reading the same devotional! Isn't that a cool thing God did? I am still relatively calm about the whole thing, enjoying the moments. Not sure how I will feel tomorrow evening! Hope I can keep this spirit of peace.

Please pray for Grace and her transition and for us. One more day here in Beijing, the Monday morning we head out on a early plane to Guangzhou and to our daughter. Wow! 

Love to all.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the link to this blog on facebook. I am enjoying taking the trip with you....for free!
    Thanks for being a first responder in this unique way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for these posts. It is so awesome to still be taking this journey "with you" even though we're still in PA. I'm so happy to hear you've been able to meet some of the moms you've communicated with for so long. And, it is thrilling to hear you hiked all the way to the top of the wall and back ...way to go! Please know you, Chris and Grace have been continuously on my mind and in my prayers. I can hardly wait to hear about "the moment" you finally meet your daughter. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete